Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Excuse/Explanation


Hey guys and girls,

Some of you have emailed me asking why there haven't been any updates over the last few weeks...the truth is, I didn't know you cared! Everyone needs encouragement, and you guys post so few comments that I feel unloved and unmotivated to write.

Boo hoo.

OK, that's just my excuse. Actually, I'm in the last year of a really difficult Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing program, and in addition to my full-time job, a full-time course load, and being a part-time artist, I'm writing a novel that has been taking up most of my time and creative juices. So I'm a bit busy.

But I'm back! If you're still here, thanks for sticking with me. :-) If not, well, uh, you're not reading this, so FUCK OFF.

And have a nice day.

5 comments:

Meeg said...

Glad your back.

Thanks for the explanation, although you had me with the chest shot.

What is your novel about?

MGS said...

Hey meeg, thanks for the comment. :-)

It's kind of difficult to say exactly what it's about. It's probably not what you'd expect someone who is obsessed with hot guys and fashion to write about. Let's just say it's inspired by Tori Amos and the Gospels of Mary Magdalene and Thomas, and involves a road trip from Nevada to New Orleans, lots of sex, a magician, a prostitute, an acrobat, a blind man, a politician and a little girl.

Meeg said...

sounds hot. I love New Orleans as well as the Gospel of Thomas (although I haven't gotten all the way through it) and of Mary. Christian apochrypha/gnostic texts are awesome.

MGS said...

Whoa! I'm amazed that anyone who landed on my blog would be into that kind of thing. Will wonders never cease? I'm reading a lot of Gnostic writings for research. I've never been to NO or Nevada, so I'm trying to plan some field trips for early next year.

Meeg said...

Yeah I took some classes on early Christianity as an undergrad.

Let me know when you're going to New Orleans. Maybe I can come along and show you around.